Saturday 28 May 2011

My Reading Chair

1960's teak framed arm chair

This is one of my own pieces of furniture that I picked up in the North East about four years ago. While it's unsigned, it has a strong Danish influence in its design, I particularly love the dramatic sweeping arms rising to a point from a wide bed.





















The arm chair is produced in teak and upholstered in its original orange/brown woollen weave.

Ebay

A footnote to this post is that a lounge set matching my chair was sold on ebay this weekend (06/06/11). All three pieces, a sofa and two chairs had been re-upholstered and received an encouraging amount of interest and ended up selling for a decent amount.

The three seater sofa ended up with 26 bids and sold for £720.00 with the chairs making £290 and £270 respectfully.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely sweeping detail on the armrest. Not sure about weave.

    ReplyDelete